|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Single H-Bridge Current-Control Motor Driver
- 8.2-V to 45-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Five Bit Current Control Allows up to 32 Current
- Low MOSFET RDS(on) Typical 0.65 Ω (HS + LS)
- 5-A Maximum Drive Current at 24 V, TA = 25°C
- Built-In 3.3-V Reference Output
- Parallel Digital Control Interface
- Thermal Enhanced Surface Mount Package
- Protection Features:
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- VM Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Fault Condition Indication Pin (nFAULT)
Texas Instruments DRV8840PWP
The DRV8840 provides an integrated motor driver solution for printers, scanners, and other automated equipment applications. The device has one H-bridge driver, and is intended to drive one DC motor. The output driver block for each consists of N-channel power MOSFETs configured as full H-bridges to drive the motor windings. The DRV8840 can supply up to 5-A peak or 3.5-A output current (with proper heatsinking at 24 V and 25°C).
A simple parallel digital control interface is compatible with industry-standard devices. Decay mode is programmable to allow braking or coasting of the motor when disabled.
Internal shutdown functions are provided for overcurrent protection, short-circuit protection, undervoltage lockout, and overtemperature.
The DRV8840 is available in a 28-pin HTSSOP package with PowerPAD™ (Eco-friendly: RoHS & no Sb/Br).