|Package | PIN:||RGE | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- PWM Microstepping Motor Driver
- Built-In Microstepping Indexer
- Up to 1/32 Microstepping
- Step/Direction Control
- Multiple Decay Modes
- AutoTune™ Technology
- Mixed Decay
- Fast Decay
- Configurable Off-Time PWM Chopping
- 10-, 20-, or 30-µs Off-Time
- Adaptive Blanking Time for Smooth Stepping
- 4- to 18-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- 1.4-A (Full Scale (Max Drive) Current per H-Bridge (at 25°C)
- Low-Current Sleep Mode
- 3-Bit Torque DAC to Scale Motor Current
- Thermally Enhanced Surface Mount Package
- Protection Features
- VM Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Overcurrent Protection(OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Fault Condition IndicationPin (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8846RGER
The DRV8846 provides a highly-integrated stepper motor driver for cameras, printers,projectors, and other automated equipment applications. The device has two H-bridges and amicrostepping indexer and is intended to drive a bipolar stepper motor. The output block of eachH-bridge driver consists of N-channel and P-channel power MOSFETs configured as full H-bridges todrive the motor windings. The DRV8846 is capable of driving up to 1.4-A full-scale output current(with proper heatsinking and TA = 25°C).
A simple STEP/DIR interface allows easy interfacing to controller circuits. Pins allowconfiguration of the motor in full-step up to 1/32-step modes. Decay mode is configurable so thatAutoTune, slow decay, fast decay, and mixed decay can be used. The PWM current chopping off-timecan also be selected. A low-power sleep mode is provided which shuts down internal circuitry toachieve very-low quiescent current draw. This sleep mode can be set using a dedicated nSLEEPpin.
Internal protection functions are provided for UVLO, overcurrent protection, shortcircuit protection, and overtemperature. Fault conditions are indicated via a nFAULT pin.