|Package | PIN:||DDA | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient Operating TemperatureRange
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDM ESDClassification Level C4B
- H-Bridge Motor Driver
- Drives One DC Motor, One Winding of a Stepper Motor, or Other Loads
- Wide 6.8-V to 45-V Operating Voltage
- 565-mΩ Typical RDS(on) (HS + LS)
- 3.6-A Peak Current Drive
- PWM Control Interface
- Current Regulation Without a Sense Resistor
- Low-Power Sleep Mode
- Small Package and Footprint
- 8-Pin HSOP With PowerPAD™
- 4.9 × 6 mm
- Integrated Protection Features
- VM Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Automatic Fault Recovery
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8871DDARQ1
The DRV8871-Q1 deviceis a brushed-DC motor driver for printers, appliances, industrial equipment, and other smallmachines. Two logic inputs control the H-bridge driver, which consists of four N-channel MOSFETsthat can control motors bidirectionally with up to 3.6-A peak current. The inputs can bepulse-width modulated (PWM) to control motor speed, using a choice of current-decay modes. Settingboth inputs low enters a low-power sleep mode.
The DRV8871-Q1 devicehas advanced current-regulation circuitry that does not use an analog voltage reference or externalsense resistor. This novel solution uses a standard low-cost, low-power resistor to set the currentthreshold. The ability to limit current to a known level can significantly reduce the system powerrequirements and bulk capacitance needed to maintain stable voltage, especially for motor startupand stall conditions.
The device is fully protected from faults and short circuits, including undervoltage(UVLO), overcurrent (OCP), and overtemperature (TSD). When the fault condition is removed, thedevice automatically resumes normal operation.