|Package | PIN:||DDA | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient Operating TemperatureRange
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Device CDM ESDClassification Level C4B
- H-Bridge Motor Driver
- Drives One DC Motor, One Winding of a Stepper Motor, or Other Loads
- Wide 6.8-V to 45-V Operating Voltage
- 565-mΩ Typical RDS(on) (HS + LS)
- 3.6-A Peak Current Drive
- PWM Control Interface
- Integrated Current Regulation
- Low-Power Sleep Mode
- Fault Status Output Pin
- Small Package and Footprint
- 8-Pin HSOP With PowerPAD™
- 4.9 × 6 mm
- Integrated Protection Features
- VM Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Fault Reporting (nFAULT)
- Automatic Fault Recovery
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8872DDARQ1
The DRV8872-Q1 deviceis a brushed DC (BDC) motor driver for infotainment, HUD projectoradjustment, motorized shifter knobs, and piezo horn drivers. Two logic inputs control theH-bridge driver, which consists of four N-channel MOSFETs that provide bidirectional control ofmotors up to 3.6-A peak current. The inputs can be pulse-width modulated (PWM) to control motorspeed, using a choice of current-decay modes. Setting both inputs low enters a low-power sleepmode.
The DRV8872-Q1 devicefeatures integrated current regulation, based on an internal reference voltage and the voltage onthe ISEN pin, which is proportional to motor current through an external sense resistor. Theability to limit current to a known level can significantly reduce the system power requirementsand bulk capacitance needed to maintain stable voltage, especially for motor startup and stallconditions.
The device is fully protected from faults and short circuits, including undervoltagelockout (UVLO), overcurrent protection (OCP), and thermal shutdown (TSD). Faults are communicatedby pulling the nFAULT output low. When the fault condition is removed, the device automaticallyresumes normal operation.