|Package | PIN:||RHR | 28|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Microstepping Stepper Motor Driver
- STEP/DIR Interface
- Up to 1/16 Microstepping Indexer
- Non-Circular and Standard ½ Step Modes
- 6.5- to 45-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Multiple Decay Modes to Support Any Motor
- Mixed Decay
- Slow Decay
- Fast Decay
- Adaptive Blanking Time for Smooth Stepping
- Configurable Off-Time PWM Chopping
- 10-, 20-, or 30-µs Off-Time
- 3.3-V, 10-mA LDO Regulator
- Low-Current Sleep Mode (28 µA)
- Small Package and Footprint
- 28 HTSSOP (PowerPAD™)
- 28 WQFN
- Protection Features
- VM Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO2)
- Logic Undervoltage (UVLO1)
- Charge Pump Undervoltage (CPUV)
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Latched OCP Mode
- Retry OCP Mode
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Fault Condition Indication Pin (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8880RHRT
The DRV8880 is a bipolar stepper motor driver for industrial applications. The device hastwo N-channel power MOSFET H-bridge drivers and a microstepping indexer. The DRV8880 is capable ofdriving 2.0 A full-scale current or 1.4-A rms current (with proper PCB ground plane for thermaldissipation and at 24 V and TA = 25°C).
AutoTune™ automatically tunes stepper motors for optimal current regulation performanceand compensates for motor variation and aging effects. Additionally slow, fast, and mixed decaymodes are available.
The STEP/DIR pins provide a simple control interface. The device can be configured infull-step up to 1/16- step modes. A low-power sleep mode is provided for very low quiescent currentstandby using a dedicated nSLEEP pin.
Internal protection functions are provided for undervoltage, charge pump faults,overcurrent, short-circuits, and overtemperature. Fault conditions are indicated by a nFAULTpin.