|Package | PIN:||PWP | 28|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Dual H-Bridge Motor Driver
- Bipolar Stepper Motor Driver
- Single or Dual Brushed-DC Motor Driver
- 6.5- to 45-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Two Control Interface Options
- PHASE/ENABLE (DRV8881E)
- PWM (DRV8881P)
- Multiple Decay Modes to Support Any Motor
- AutoTune™ (DRV8881E Only)
- Mixed Decay
- Slow Decay
- Fast Decay
- Adaptive Blanking Time for Smooth Motion
- Parallel Mode Operation (DRV8881P Only)
- Configurable Off-Time PWM Chopping
- 10, 20, or 30 µs Off-Time
- 3.3-V, 10-mA LDO Regulator
- Low-Current Sleep Mode (28 µA)
- Small Package and Footprint
- 28 HTSSOP (PowerPAD)
- 28 WQFN (PowerPAD)
- Protection Features
- VM Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Charge Pump Undervoltage (CPUV)
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- Automatic OCP Retry
- Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- Fault Condition Indication Pin (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DRV8881PPWPR
The DRV8881 is a bipolar stepper or brushed-DC motor driver for industrial applications.The device output stage consists of two N-channel power MOSFET H-bridge drivers. The DRV8881 iscapable of driving up to 2.5-A peak current or 1.4-A rms current per H-bridge (with proper PCBground plane for thermal dissipation and at 24 V and TA = 25°C).
AutoTune™ automatically tunes motors for optimal current regulation performance andcompensates for motor variation and aging effects. AutoTune is available on the DRV8881E.Additionally, slow, fast, and mixed decay modes are available.
The PH/EN (DRV8881E) or PWM (DRV8881P) pins provide a simple control interface. Aninternal sense amplifier allows for adjustable current control. A low-power sleep mode is providedfor very-low quiescent current standby using a dedicated nSLEEP pin.
Internal protection functions are provided for undervoltage, charge pump faults,overcurrent, short-circuits, and overtemperature. Fault conditions are indicated by a nFAULTpin.