|Package | PIN:||NJY | 54|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Proven System Interoperability
- Comprehensive multi-protocol Repeater Family
- Low 65-mW/Channel (Typ) Power Consumption,
With Option to Power Down Unused Channels
- Transparent Management of Link Training
Protocol for PCIe and SAS
- Advanced Signal Conditioning Features
- Rx CTLE up to 30 dB (24 dB for SAS3)
- Tx De-Emphasis up to 12 dB
- Tx Output Voltage Control: 700 1300 mV
- Device Configuration Interface:
- Pin Selection, EEPROM, or SMBus Interface
- Single Supply Voltage: 2.5 V or 3.3 V
- −40°C to 85°C Operating Temperature Range
- 3-kV HBM ESDRating
- Flow-Thru Pinout: 54-Pin LLP
(10 mm × 5.5 mm, 0.5 mm pitch)
- Supported Protocols
- Other Proprietary Interface up to 12.5 Gbps
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DS125BR800ANJYT
The DS125BR800A is an extremely low-power high-performance multi-protocol repeater/redriver designed to support eight channels of PCIe, SAS, and other high-speed interface serial protocols up to 12.5 Gbps. The receiver's continuous time linear equalizer (CTLE) provides a boost of up to +30 dB at 6.25 GHz (12.5 Gbps) in each of its eight channels and is capable of opening an input eye that is completely closed due to inter symbol interference (ISI) induced by interconnect medium such as 30in+ backplane traces or 8m+ copper cables, hence enabling host controllers to ensure an error free end-to-end link. The strong linear equalization maximizes interconnect channel extension when the DS125BR800A is placed with the majority of channel loss on the devices input side. Adjustable transmit de-emphasis and output voltage amplitude help to compensate for the remaining channel attenuation on the output side.
When operating in SAS-3 and PCIe Gen-3 mode, the DS125BR800A transparently allows the host controller and the end point to optimize the full link and negotiate transmit equalizer coefficients. This seamless management of the link training protocol ensures system level interoperability with minimum latency. With a low power consumption of 65 mW/channel (typ) and option to turn-off unused channels, the DS125BR800A enables energy efficient system design. A single supply of 3.3 V or 2.5 V is required to power the device.
The programmable settings can be applied easily via pins, software (SMBus or I2C) or loaded via an external EEPROM. When operating in the EEPROM mode, the configuration information is automatically loaded on power up, which eliminates the need for an external microprocessor or software driver.