|Package | PIN:||ABM | 101|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Quad-Channel Multi-Rate Retimer with Integrated
- All Channels Lock Independently from 20.6 to
25.8 Gbps (Including Sub-Rates such as 10.3125
Gbps, 12.5 Gbps, and More)
- Ultra-Low Latency: <500 ps Typical for 25.78125-
Gbps Data Rate
- Single Power Supply, No Low-Jitter Reference
Clock Required, and Minimal Supply Decoupling
to Reduce Board Routing Complexity and BOM
- Integrated 2×2 Cross Point
- Adaptive Continuous Time Linear Equalizer
- Adaptive Decision Feedback Equalizer (DFE)
- Low-Jitter Transmitter With 3-Tap FIR Filter
- Combined Equalization Supporting 35+ dB
Channel Loss at 12.9 GHz
- Adjustable Transmit Amplitude: 205 mVppd to
1225 mVppd (Typical)
- On-Chip Eye Opening Monitor (EOM), PRBS
- Supports JTAG/AC-JTAG Boundary Scan
- Small 6-mm × 6-mm BGA Package with Easy
Texas Instruments DS250DF410ABMT
The DS250DF410 is a four-channel multi-rate retimer with integrated signal conditioning. It is used to extend the reach and robustness of long, lossy, crosstalk-impaired high-speed serial links while achieving a bit error rate (BER) of 1015 or less.
Each channel of the DS250DF410 independently locks to serial data rates in a continuous range from 20.6 Gbps to 25.8 Gbps or to any supported sub-rate (÷2 and ÷4), including key data rates such as 10.3125 Gbps and 12.5 Gbps, which allows the DS250DF410 to support individual lane Forward Error Correction (FEC) pass-through.
The DS250DF410 has a single power supply and minimal need for external components. These features reduce PCB routing complexity and BOM cost.
The advanced equalization features of the DS250DF410 include a low-jitter 3-tap transmit finite impulse response (FIR) filter, an adaptive continuous-time linear equalizer (CTLE), and an adaptive decision feedback equalizer (DFE). This enables reach extension for lossy interconnect and backplanes with multiple connectors and crosstalk. The integrated CDR function is ideal for front-port optical module applications to reset the jitter budget and retime the high-speed serial data. The DS250DF410 implements 2x2 cross-point on each channel pair, providing the host with lane crossing, fanout, and multiplexing options.
The DS250DF410 can be configured either through the SMBus or through an external EEPROM. Up to 16 devices can share a single EEPROM using Common Channel format. A non-disruptive on-chip eye monitor and a PRBS generator/checker allow for in-system diagnostics.