|Package | PIN:||ABV | 135|
|Temp:||S (-10 to 85)|
- Octal-Channel Multi-Rate Retimer with Integrated
- All Channels Lock Independently from 20.6 to
25.8 Gbps (Including Sub-Rates Like 10.3125
Gbps, 12.5 Gbps, and More)
- Ultra-Low Latency: <500 ps typical for 25.78125
Gbps data rate
- Single Power Supply, No Low-Jitter Reference
Clock Required, and Integrated AC Coupling
Capacitors to Reduce Board Routing Complexity
and BOM Cost
- Integrated 2×2 Cross Point
- Adaptive Continuous Time Linear Equalizer
- Adaptive Decision Feedback Equalizer (DFE)
- Low-Jitter Transmitter with 3-Tap FIR Filter
- Combined Equalization Supporting 35+ dB
Channel Loss at 12.9 GHz
- Adjustable Transmit Amplitude: 205 mVppd to
1225 mVppd (typical)
- On-Chip Eye Opening Monitor (EOM), PRBS
- Small 8 mm × 13 mm BGA Package with Easy
- Unique Pinout Allows Routing High-Speed Signals
Underneath the Package
- Pin-Compatible Repeater Available
Texas Instruments DS250DF810ABVT
The DS250DF810 is an eight-channel multi-rate Retimer with integrated signal conditioning. It is used to extend the reach and robustness of long, lossy, crosstalk-impaired high-speed serial links while achieving a bit error rate (BER) of 1015 or less.
Each channel of the DS250DF810 independently locks to serial data rates in a continuous range from 20.6 Gbps to 25.8 Gbps or to any supported sub-rate (÷2 and ÷4), including key data rates such as 10.3125 Gbps and 12.5 Gbps, which allows the DS250DF810 to support individual lane Forward Error Correction (FEC) pass-through.
Integrated physical AC coupling capacitors (TX and RX) eliminate the need for external capacitors on the PCB. The DS250DF810 has a single power supply and minimal need for external components. These features reduce PCB routing complexity and BOM cost.
The advanced equalization features of the DS250DF810 include a low-jitter 3-tap transmit finite impulse response (FIR) filter, an adaptive continuous-time linear equalizer (CTLE), and an adaptive decision feedback equalizer (DFE). This enables reach extension for lossy interconnect and backplanes with multiple connectors and crosstalk. The integrated CDR function is ideal for front-port optical module applications to reset the jitter budget and retime the high-speed serial data. The DS250DF810 implements 2×2 cross-point on each channel pair, providing the host with both lane crossing and fanout options.
The DS250DF810 can be configured either via the SMBus or through an external EEPROM. Up to 16 devices can share a single EEPROM. A non-disruptive on-chip eye monitor and a PRBS generator/checker allow for insystem diagnostics.