|Package | PIN:||ZBL | 135|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Octal-Channel Multi-Protocol Linear Equalizer Supporting up to 28 Gbps Interfaces
- Low Power Consumption: 93 mW / Channel (Typical)
- No Heat Sink Required
- Linear Equalization for Seamless Support of Link Training, Auto-Negotiation, and FEC Pass-Through
- Extends Channel Reach by 17 dB+ Beyond Normal ASIC-to-ASIC Capability
- Ultra-Low Latency: 100 ps (Typical)
- Low Additive Random Jitter
- Small 8-mm × 13-mm BGA Package with Integrated RX AC Coupling Capacitors for Easy Flow-Through Routing
- Unique Pinout Allows Routing High-Speed Signals Underneath the Package
- Pin-Compatible Retimer Available
- Single 2.5-V ±5% Power Supply
- –40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
Texas Instruments DS280BR820ZBLT
The DS280BR820 is an extremely low-power, high-performance eight-channel linear equalizer supporting multi-rate, multi-protocol interfaces up to 28 Gbps. It is used to extend the reach and improve the robustness of high-speed serial links for backplane, front-port, and chip-to-chip applications.
The linear nature of the DS280BR820’s equalization preserves the transmit signal characteristics, thereby allowing the host and link partner ASICs to freely negotiate transmit equalizer coefficients (100G-CR4/KR4). This transparency to the link training protocol facilitates system-level interoperability with minimal effect on the latency. Each channel operates independently, which allows the DS280BR820 to support individual lane Forward Error Correction (FEC) pass-through.
The DS280BR820's small package dimensions, optimized high-speed signal escape, and the pin-compatible Retimer portfolio make the DS280BR820 ideal for high-density backplane applications. Simplified equalization control, low power consumption, and ultra-low additive jitter make it suitable for front-port interfaces such as 100G-SR4/LR4/CR4. The small 8-mm × 13-mm footprint easily fits behind numerous standard front-port connectors like QSFP, SFP, CFP2/CFP4, and CDFP without the need for a heat sink.
Integrated AC coupling capacitors (RX side) eliminate the need for external capacitors on the PCB. The DS280BR820 has a single power supply and minimal need for external components. These features reduce PCB routing complexity and bill of materials (BOM) cost.
A pin-compatible Retimer device is available for longer reach applications.
The DS280BR820 can be configured either via the SMBus or through an external EEPROM. Up to 16 devices can share a single EEPROM.