|Package | PIN:||NJY | 54|
|Temp:||S (-10 to 85)|
- Quad lane bi-directional repeater up to 6.4 Gbps rate
- Signal conditioning on input and output for extended reach
- Adjustable receive equalization up to +33 dB gain
- Adjustable transmit de-emphasis up to −12 dB
- Adjustable transmit VOD (600 mVp-p to 1200 mVp-p)
- <0.25 UI of residual DJ at 6.4 Gbps with 40” FR4 trace
- Automatic de-emphasis scaling based on rate detect
- SATA/SAS: OOB signal pass-through,
- <3 ns (typ) envelope distortion
- Adjustable electrical IDLE detect threshold
- Low power (100 mW/channel), per-channel power down
- Programmable via pin selection or SMBus interface
- Single supply operation at 2.5V ±5%
- >6 kV HBM ESD Rating
- 3.3V LVCMOS input tolerant for SMBus interface
- High speed signal flow–thru pinout package: 54-pin WQFN (10 mm x 5.5 mm)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DS64BR401SQE/NOPB
The DS64BR401 is a quad lane bi-directional signal conditioning repeater for 6.0/3.0/1.5 Gbps SATA/SAS and other high-speed bus applications with data rates up to 6.4 Gbps. The device performs both receive equalization and transmit de-emphasis on each of its 8 channels to compensate for channel loss, allowing maximum flexibility of physical placement within a system. The receiver's continuous time linear equalizer (CTLE) provides a boost of up to +33 dB at 3 GHz and is capable of opening an input eye that is completely closed due to inter-symbol interference (ISI) induced by the interconnect medium. The transmitter features a programmable output de-emphasis driver and allows amplitude voltage levels to be selected from 600 mVp-p to 1200 mVp-p to suit multiple application scenarios. This Low Power Differential Signaling (LPDS) output driver is a power efficient implementation that maintains compatibility with AC coupled CML receiver. The programmable settings can be applied via pin settings or SMBus interface.
To enable seamless upgrade from SAS/SATA 3.0 Gbps to 6.0 Gbps data rates without compromising physical reach, DS64BR401 automatically detects the incoming data rate and selects the optimal de-emphasis pulse width. The device detects the out-of-band (OOB) idle and active signals of the SAS/SATA specification and passes through with minimum signal distortion.
With a typical power consumption of 200 mW/lane (100 mW/channel) at 6.4 Gbps, and control to turn-off unused channels, the DS64BR401 is part of Texas Instruments' PowerWise family of energy efficient devices.