|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Meets TIA/EIA-422-A (RS-422) and CCITT V.11 Recommendation
- LOW POWER Design—15 mW Typical
- Guaranteed AC Parameters:
- Maximum Driver Skew 2.0 ns
- Maximum Receiver Skew 4.0 ns
- Extended Temperature Range: −40°C to +85°C
- Available in SOIC Packaging
- Operates over 20 Mbps
- Receiver OPEN Input Failsafe Feature
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments DS89C21TM/NOPB
The DS89C21 is a differential CMOS line driver and receiver pair, designed to meet the requirements of TIA/EIA-422-A (RS-422) electrical characteristics interface standard. The DS89C21 provides one driver and one receiver in a minimum footprint. The device is offered in an 8-pin SOIC package.
The CMOS design minimizes the supply current to 6 mA, making the device ideal for use in battery powered or power conscious applications.
The driver features a fast transition time specified at 2.2 ns, and a maximum differential skew of 2 ns making the driver ideal for use in high speed applications operating above 10 MHz.
The receiver can detect signals as low as 200 mV, and also incorporates hysteresis for noise rejection. Skew is specified at 4 ns maximum.
The DS89C21 is compatible with TTL and CMOS levels (DI and RO).