|Package | PIN:||NEZ | 100|
|Temp:||S (-10 to 70)|
- Supports SVGA through QXGA panel resolutions
- 32.5 to 112/170MHz clock support
- Drives long, low cost cables
- Up to 5.7 Gbps bandwidth
- Pre-emphasis reduces cable loading effects
- Dual pixel architecture supports interface to GUI and timing controller; optional single pixel transmitter inputs support single pixel GUI interface
- Transmitter rejects cycle-to-cycle jitter
- 5V tolerant on data and control input pins
- Programmable transmitter data and control strobe select (rising or falling edge strobe)
- Backward compatible with FPD-Link
- Compatible with ANSI/TIA/EIA-644-1995 LVDS Standard
TRI-STATE® is a registered trademark of National Semiconductor Corporation.
Texas Instruments DS90C387AVJD/NOPB
The DS90C387A/DS90CF388A transmitter/receiver pair is designed to support dual pixel data transmission between Host and Flat Panel Display up to QXGA resolutions. The transmitter converts 48 bits (Dual Pixel 24-bit color) of CMOS/TTL data and 3 control bits into 8 LVDS (Low Voltage Differential Signalling) data streams. At a maximum dual pixel rate of 112MHz, LVDS data line speed is 784Mbps, providing a total throughput of 5.7Gbps (714 Megabytes per second).
The LDI chipset is improved over prior generations of FPD-Link devices and offers higher bandwidth support and longer cable drive. To increase bandwidth, the maximum pixel clock rate is increased to 112 MHz and 8 serialized LVDS outputs are provided. Cable drive is enhanced with a user selectable pre-emphasis feature that provides additional output current during transitions to counteract cable loading effects.
The DS90C387A transmitter provides a second LVDS output clock. Both LVDS clocks are identical. This feature supports backward compatibility with the previous generation of FPD-Link Receivers - the second clock allows the transmitter to interface to panels using a 'dual pixel' configuration of two 24-bit or 18-bit FPD-Link receivers.
This chipset is an ideal means to solve EMI and cable size problems for high-resolution flat panel applications. It provides a reliable interface based on LVDS technology that delivers the bandwidth needed for high-resolution panels while maximizing bit times, and keeping clock rates low to reduce EMI and shielding requirements. For more details, please refer to the Applications Information section of this datasheet.