|Package | PIN:||DMX | 3|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4 ESD Protection
- ±17-kV Contact Discharge
- ±17-kV Air GapDischarge
- Withstands over 10,000 ESD strikes per IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4 (Contact) without any performance degradation
- IEC 61000-4-4 EFT Protection
- 80 A (5/50 ns)
- IEC 61000-4-5 Surge Protection
- 2.5 A (8/20 µs)
- Low IO Capacitance
- 0.1 pF (Typical) between IOs
- 0.2 pF(Typical) IO to GND
- DC Breakdown Voltage: 5.1 V (Minimum)
- Ultra Low Leakage Current: 10 nA (Maximum)
- Low ESD Clamping Voltage: 8.4 V at 5-A TLP
- Supports High Speed Interfaces that exceed 10 Gbps
- Industrial Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Type C Friendly Two Channel Flow-Through Routing Package
- Pin-out to suit symmetric differential high-speed signal routing
- Two Different Package Options
- 0402 Package, 0.6 mm × 1 mm, 0.34-mmPitch
- 0502 Package, 0.6 mm × 1.32 mm, 0.5-mmPitch
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ESD122DMXR
The ESD122 is a bidirectional TVS ESD protection diode array for USB Type-C and HDMI 2.0circuit protection. The ESD122 is rated to dissipate contact ESD strikes at the maximum levelspecified in the IEC 61000-4-2 international standard (17-kV Contact, 17-kV Air-gap).
This device features a low IO capacitance per channel and pin-out to suit symmetricdifferential high-speed signal routing making it ideal for protecting high-speed interfaces up to10 Gbps such as USB 3.1 Gen2 and HDMI 2.0. The low dynamic resistance and low clamping voltageensure system level protection against transient events.
Additionally, the ESD122 is an ideal ESD solution for the USB Type-C Tx/Rx lines. Sincethe USB Type-C connector has two layers, using 4-channel ESD devices require VIAs which degrade thesignal integrity. Using four ESD122 (2-Ch) devices minimize the number of VIAs and simply the boardlayout.
The ESD122 is offered in two easy routing flow through packages.