|Package | PIN:||RHU | 56|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Supports Control Signal Management and I2C Aggregation Across Two Ports
- Four LED Drivers and 12 General-Purpose I/Os Per Port
- General-Purpose Outputs Can be Used to Drive >4 LEDs Per Port
- Combine Multiple FPC202s to Control 28 Total Ports Through a Single Host Interface
- Eliminates Need for Discrete I2C Multiplexers, LED Drivers, and High-Pin-Count FPGA/CPLD Control Devices
- Reduces PCB Routing Complexity by Handling All Low-Speed Control Signals Close to the Port
- Selectable I2C (Up to 1 MHz) or SPI (Up to 10 MHz) Host Control Interface
- Automatic Pre-Fetching of Critical, User-Specified Data from the Modules
- Broadcast Mode Allows Writes to All Ports Simultaneously Across All FPC202 Controllers
- Advanced LED Features for Port Status Indication, Including Programmable Blinking and Dimming
- Customizable Interrupt Events
- Separate Host-Side I/O Voltage: 1.8 V to 3.3 V
- Small QFN Package Enabling Placement on Bottom Side of PCB Underneath Ports
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments FPC202RHUT
The FPC202 dual port controller serves as a low-speed signal aggregator for common porttypes such as SFP, QSFP, Mini-SAS HD, and others. The FPC202 aggregates all low-speed control andI2C signals across two ports and presents a single easy-to-use management interface to the host(I2C or SPI). Multiple FPC202s can be used in high-port-count applications with one common controlinterface to the host.
The FPC202 is designed to allow placement on the bottom side of the PCB, underneath thepress fit connector, to simplify routing. This localized control of the ports’ low-speed signalscuts system bill of materials (BOM) cost by enabling the use of smaller I/O count control devices(FPGAs, CPLDs, MCUs) and by reducing routing layer congestion.
The FPC202 is compatible with standard SFF-8431, SFF-8436, and SFF-8449 low-speedmanagement interfaces, including a dedicated 100/400-kHz I2C interface to each port. Additionalgeneral-purpose pins are available to perform functions such as driving port status LEDs orcontrolling power switches. The LED drivers have convenience features such as programmable blinkingand dimming. The interface to the host controller can operate on a separate supply voltage between1.8 V and 3.3 V to support low-voltage I/Os.
For each port, the FPC202 has a total of four LED drivers, 12 general-purpose I/Os, andtwo downstream I2C busses. This expanded set of I/Os allows for control of additional componentsand features within a system. The general-purpose outputs can be used to drive additional LEDs ifmore than four are required per port.
The FPC202 can pre-fetch data from user-specified registers in each module, making thedata readily accessible to the host through a fast I2C (up to 1 MHz) or SPI (up to 10 MHz)interface. In addition, the FPC202 can trigger an interrupt to the host whenever critical,user-configurable events occur associated with any of the ports under its control. This eliminatesthe need to continuously poll the modules.