|Package | PIN:||DW | 20|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Single Chip With Easy Interface Between UART and Serial-Port Connector of an External Modem or Other Computer Peripheral
- Five Drivers and Three Receivers Meet or Exceed the Requirements of ANSI Standard TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU Recommendation V.28 Standards
- Supports Data Rates up to 120 kbit/s
- Complement to the GD75232
- Provides Pin-to-Pin Replacement for the Goldstar GD75323
- Pin-Out Compatible With SN75196
- Functional Replacement for the MC145405
Texas Instruments GD75323DW
The GD75323 combines five drivers and three receivers from the trade-standard SN75188 and SN75189 bipolar quadruple drivers and receivers, respectively. The flow-through design of the GD75323 decreases the part count, reduces the board space required, and allows easy interconnection of the UART and serial-port connector. The all-bipolar circuits and processing of the GD75323 provide a rugged, low-cost solution for this function.
The GD75323 complies with the requirements of the ANSI TIA/EIA-232-F and ITU (formerly CCITT) V.28 standards. These standards are for data interchange between a host computer and a peripheral at signal rates up to 20 kbit/s. The switching speeds of the GD75323 are fast enough to support rates up to 120 kbit/s with lower capacitive loads (shorter cables). Interoperability at the higher signaling rates cannot be assured unless the designer has design control of the cable and the interface circuits at both ends. For interoperability at signaling rates up to 120 kbit/s, use of ANSI Standard TIA/EIA-423-B and TIA/EIA-422-B and ITU Recommendations V.10 and V.11 are recommended.
The GD75323 is characterized for operation over a temperature range of 0°C to 70°C.