|Package | PIN:||RHU | 56|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- Compliant to USB Type-C Specification 1.1
- Mode Configuration
- Host Only – DFP
- Channel Configuration (CC)
- Attach of USB Port Detection
- Cable Orientation Detection
- Type-C Current Mode (Default, Mid, High)
- Supply Voltage 3.3 V ± 10%
- 2:1 Mux Solution for USB 3.1 Signaling
- Operates up to 10 Gbps with Wide –3 dB BW of 8
- Excellent Dynamic Characteristics at 2.5 GHz
- Crosstalk = –39 dB
- Off Isolation = –22 dB
- Insertion Loss = –1.2 dB
- Input Return Loss = –12 dB
- Low Active (2 mW) and Standby Power (50 µW)
Texas Instruments HD3SS2522RHUR
HD3SS2522 is a 2:1 USB mux with Configuration Channel (CC) logic with Downstream Facing Port (DFP) support. The HD3SS2522 presents itself as a DFP according to the USB Type-C Spec. The CC logic block monitors the CC1 and CC2 pins voltages to determine when a USB port has been attached. Once a USB port has been attached, the CC logic also determines the orientation of the cable and configures the USB SS mux accordingly.
The HD3SS2522 provides an VBUS_EN signal to control legacy power switch to provide 5 V to VBUS. The device also provides control signals needed to support 5 V VCONN sourcing for ecosystems implementing USB Type-C.
Excellent dynamic characteristics of the device allow high speed switching with minimum attenuation to the signal eye diagram and little added jitter. The device also has low current consumption in Standby mode.