|Package | PIN:||RNH | 30|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- USB Type-C Port Controller with Integrated 2:1 SuperSpeed Mux
- Compatible to USB Type-C™ Specifications
- Supports USB 3.1 G1 and G2 up to 10 Gbps
- Supports up to 15 W of Power Delivery with 3-A Current Advertisement and Detection
- Mode Configuration
- Host Only – DFP/Source
- Device Only – UFP/Sink
- Dual Role Port -DRP
- Channel Configuration (CC)
- Attach of USB Port Detection
- Cable Orientation Detection
- Type-C Current Mode (Default, Mid,High)
- V(BUS) Detection and VCONN Support for Active Cables
- Audio and Debug Accessory Support
- Supports for Try.SRC and Try.SNK DRP Modes
- Configuration Control through GPIO and I2C
- Low Active and Standby Current Consumptions
- Industrial Temperature Range of –40 to 85°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments HD3SS3220IRNHR
HD3SS3220 is a USB SuperSpeed (SS) 2:1 mux with DRP port controller. The device providesChannel Configuration (CC) logic and 5V VCONN sourcing for ecosystems implementing USB Type-C. TheHD3SS3220 can be configured as a Downstream Facing Port (DFP), Upstream Facing Port (UFP) or a DualRole Port (DRP) making it ideal for any application.
The HD3SS3220, in DRP mode, alternates presenting itself as a DFP or UFP according to theType-C specifications. The CC logic block monitors the CC1 and CC2 pins for pull-up or pull-downresistances to determine when a USB port has been attached and its port role. Once a USB port hasbeen attached, the CC logic also determines the orientation of the cable and configures the USB SSmux accordingly. Finally, CC logic advertises or detects Type-C current mode – Default, Mid, orHigh in DFP and UFP modes respectively.
Excellent dynamic characteristics of the integrated mux allow switching with minimumattenuation to the SS signal eye diagram and very little added jitter. The device’s switch pathsdeploy adaptive common mode voltage tracking resulting identical channel despite different commonmode voltage for RX and TX channels.