|Package | PIN:||DW | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 50-kV/μs Minimum and 100-kV/μs Typical Common-Mode Transient Immunity (CMTI)
at VCM = 1500 V
- 2.5-A Peak Source and 5-A Peak Sink Currents
- Short Propagation Delay: 76 ns (Typ),
110 ns (Max)
- 2-A Active Miller Clamp
- Output Short-Circuit Clamp
- Fault Alarm upon Desaturation Detection is Signaled on FLT and Reset Through RST
- Input and Output Under Voltage Lock-Out (UVLO) with Ready (RDY) Pin Indication
- Active Output Pull-down and Default Low Outputs with Low Supply or Floating Inputs
- 3-V to 5.5-V Input Supply Voltage
- 15-V to 30-V Output Driver Supply Voltage
- CMOS Compatible Inputs
- Rejects Input Pulses and Noise Transients Shorter Than 20 ns
- Operating Temperature: –40°C to +125°C Ambient
- Isolation Surge Withstand Voltage 10000-VPK
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 8000-VPK VIOTM and 1420-VPK VIORM Reinforced Isolation per DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- 5700-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A, IEC 60950–1 and IEC 60601–1 End Equipment Standards
- TUV Certification per EN 61010-1 and EN 60950-1
- GB4943.1-2011 CQC Certification
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISO5451DW
The ISO5451 is a 5.7-kVRMS, reinforced isolated gate driver for IGBTs and MOSFETs with 2.5-A source and 5-A sink current. The input side operates from a single 3-V to 5.5-V supply. The output side allows for a supply range from minimum 15 V to maximum 30 V. Two complementary CMOS inputs control the output state of the gate driver. The short propagation time of 76 ns assures accurate control of the output stage.
An internal desaturation (DESAT) fault detection recognizes when the IGBT is in an overload condition. Upon a DESAT detect, the gate driver output is driven low to VEE2 potential, turning the IGBT immediately off.
When desaturation is active, a fault signal is sent across the isolation barrier, pulling the FLT output at the input side low and blocking the isolator input. The FLT output condition is latched and can be reset through a low-active pulse at the RST input.
When the IGBT is turned off during normal operation with bipolar output supply, the output is hard clamp to VEE2. If the output supply is unipolar, an active Miller clamp can be used, allowing Miller current to sink across a low impedance path, preventing IGBT to be dynamically turned on during high voltage transient conditions.
The readiness for the gate driver to be operated is under the control of two undervoltage-lockout circuits monitoring the input side and output side supplies. If either side has insufficient supply the RDY output goes low, otherwise this output is high.
The ISO5451 is available in a 16-pin SOIC package. Device operation is specified over a temperature range from –40°C to +125°C ambient.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.