|Package | PIN:||DW | 16|
|Temp:||M (-55 to 125)|
- Signaling Rate: Up to 100 Mbps
- Wide Supply Range: 2.25 V to 5.5 V
- 2.25-V to 5.5-V Level Translation
- Wide Temperature Range: –55°C to +125°C
- Low-Power Consumption, Typical 1.7 mA per Channel at 1 Mbps
- Low Propagation Delay: 11 ns Typical
- Industry leading CMTI (Min): ±100 kV/µs
- Robust Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- System-Level ESD, EFT, and Surge Immunity
- Low Emissions
- Isolation Barrier Life: >40 Years
- Wide Body SOIC-16 Package and Extra-Wide Body SOIC-16 Package Options
- Safety and Regulatory Approvals:
- 8000-VPK Reinforced Isolation per DIN V VDE V0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- 5.7-kVRMS Isolation for 1 Minuteper UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A, IEC 60950-1 and IEC 60601-1 EndEquipment Standards
- CQC Certification per GB4943.1-2011
- TUV Certification per EN 61010-1and EN 60950-1
- All DW Package Certifications Complete; DWW PackageCertifications Complete per UL, VDE, TUV and Planned for CSA and CQC
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISO7842FDW
The ISO7842x device is a high-performance, quad-channel digital isolator witha 8000-VPK isolation voltage. This device has reinforced isolationcertifications according to VDE, CSA, CQC, and TUV. The isolator provides high electromagneticimmunity and low emissions at low-power consumption, while isolating CMOS or LVCMOS digital I/Os.Each isolation channel has a logic input and output buffer separated by a silicon-dioxide(SiO2) insulation barrier.
This device comes with enable pins that can be used to put the respective outputs in highimpedance for multi-master driving applications and to reduce power consumption. The ISO7842 devicehas two forward and two reverse-direction channels. If theinput power or signal is lost, the default output is high forthe ISO7842 device and low for the ISO7842F device.See the Device Functional Modes section for furtherdetails.
Used in conjunction with isolated power supplies, this device helps prevent noisecurrents on a data bus or other circuits from entering the local ground and interfering with ordamaging sensitive circuitry. Through innovative chip design and layout techniques, electromagneticcompatibility of the ISO7842 device has been significantly enhanced to ease system-level ESD, EFT,surge, and emissions compliance.
The ISO7842 device is available in 16-pin SOIC wide-body (DW) and extra-wide body(DWW) packages.