|Package | PIN:||DWE | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Integrated High-Efficiency DC-DC Converter With On-Chip Transformer
- 3-V to 5.5-V Wide Input Supply Range
- Regulated 5-V or 3.3-V Output
- Up to 0.65-W Output Power
- 5 V to 5 V; 5 V to 3.3 V: Available Load Current ≥ 130 mA
- 3.3 V to 3.3 V: Available Load Current ≥ 75 mA
- Soft-Start to Limit Inrush Current
- Overload and Short-Circuit Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Default Output: High and Low Options
- Signaling Rate Up to 100 Mbps
- Low Propagation Delay: 13 ns Typ (5-V Supply)
- High CMTI: ±100 kV/µs Minimum
- Robust Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- System-Level ESD, EFT, and SurgeImmunity
- Low Emissions
- 16-pin Wide SOIC Package
- Extended Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 7071-VPK Reinforced Isolation per DIN V VDE V0884-11:2017-01
- 5000-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL1577
- CSA Certification per IEC 60950-1, IEC 62368-1, and IEC 60601-1 EndEquipment Standards
- CQC Approval per GB4943.1-2011
- TUVCertification According to EN 60950-1 and EN 61010-1
- All Agency Certificationsare Planned
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISOW7821DWER
The ISOW7821 device is ahigh-performance, dual-channel reinforced digital isolators with an integrated high-efficiencypower converter. The integrated DC-DC converter provides up to 650 mW of isolated power at highefficiency and can be configured for various input and output voltage configurations. Thereforethis device eliminates the need for a separate isolated power supply in space-constrained isolateddesigns.
The ISOW7821 device provides highelectromagnetic immunity and low emissions while isolating CMOS or LVCMOS digital I/Os. Thesignal-isolation channel has a logic input and output buffer separated by a silicon dioxide(SiO2) insulation barrier, whereas, power isolation uses on-chiptransformers separated by thin film polymer as insulating material. Various configurations offorward and reverse channels are available. If the input signal is lost, the default output is highfor the ISOW7821 device and low for thedevice with the F suffix (see the Device Features).
These devices help prevent noise currents on a data bus or other circuits from enteringthe local ground and interfering with or damaging sensitive circuitry. Through innovative chipdesign and layout techniques, electromagnetic compatibility of the ISOW7821device has been significantly enhanced to easesystem-level ESD, EFT, surge and emissions compliance. The high-efficiency of the power converterallows operation at a higher ambient temperature. The ISOW7821device is available in a 16-pin SOIC wide-body(SOIC-WB) DWE package.