|Package | PIN:||DWE | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Integrated High-Efficiency DC-DC Converter With On-Chip Transformer
- 3-V to 5.5-V Wide Input Supply Range
- Regulated 5-V or 3.3-V Output
- Up to 0.65-W Output Power
- 5 V to 5 V; 5 V to 3.3 V: Available Load Current ≥ 130 mA
- 3.3 V to 3.3 V: Available Load Current ≥ 75 mA
- Soft-Start to Limit Inrush Current
- Overload and Short-Circuit Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- Default Output: High and Low Options
- Signaling Rate Up to 100 Mbps
- Low Propagation Delay: 13 ns Typ (5-V Supply)
- High CMTI: ±100 kV/µs Minimum
- Robust Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- System-Level ESD, EFT, and SurgeImmunity
- Low Emissions
- 16-pin Wide SOIC Package
- Extended Temperature Range: –40°C to +125°C
- Safety-Related Certifications:
- 7071-VPK Reinforced Isolation per DIN V VDE V0884-11:2017-01
- 5000-VRMS Isolation for 1 Minute per UL1577
- CSA Certification per IEC 60950-1, IEC 62368-1 and IEC 60601-1 EndEquipment Standards
- CQC Approval per GB4943.1-2011
- TUVCertification According to EN 60950-1 and EN 61010-1
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments ISOW7840DWER
The ISOW784x is a family of high-performance, quad-channel reinforced digital isolatorswith an integrated high-efficiency power converter. The integrated DC-DC converter provides up to650 mW of isolated power at high efficiency and can be configured for various input and outputvoltage configurations. Therefore these devices eliminate the need for a separate isolated powersupply in space-constrained isolated designs.
The ISOW784x family of devices provide high electromagnetic immunity and low emissionswhile isolating CMOS or LVCMOS digital I/Os. The signal-isolation channel has a logic input andoutput buffer separated by a silicon dioxide (SiO2) insulation barrier,whereas, power isolation uses on-chip transformers separated by thin film polymer as insulatingmaterial. Various configurations of forward and reverse channels are available. If the input signalis lost, the default output is high for the ISOW784x devices and low for the devices with the Fsuffix (see the Device Features).
These devices help prevent noise currents on a data bus or other circuits from enteringthe local ground and interfering with or damaging sensitive circuitry. Through innovative chipdesign and layout techniques, electromagnetic compatibility of the ISOW784x family of devices hasbeen significantly enhanced to ease system-level ESD, EFT, surge and emissions compliance. Thehigh-efficiency of the power converter allows operation at a higher ambient temperature. TheISOW784x family of devices is available in a 16-pin SOIC wide-body (SOIC-WB) DWE package.