|Package | PIN:||RGH | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Easy-to-Use – Minimal Configuration Required
- Up to 4 Channels With Matched Sensor Drive
- Multiple Channels Support Environmental and Aging Compensation
- Remote Sensor Position of >20 cm Supports Operation In Harsh Environments
- Pin-Compatible Medium and High-Resolution Options:
- LDC1312/4: 2/4-ch 12-Bit LDC
- LDC1612/4: 2/4-ch 28-Bit LDC
- Sensing Range Beyond Two Coil Diameters
- Supports Wide Sensor Frequency Range of 1 kHz to 10 MHz
- Power Consumption:
- 35 µA Low Power Sleep Mode
- 200 nA Shutdown Mode
- 2.7 V to 3.6 V Operation
- Multiple Reference Clocking Options:
- Included Internal Clock For Lower System Cost
- Support for 40 MHz External Clock For Higher Systemperformance
- Immunity to DC Magnetic Fields and Magnets
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LDC1614RGHR
The LDC1612 and LDC1614 are 2- and 4-channel, 28-bit inductance todigital converters (LDCs) for inductive sensing solutions. With multiple channels and support forremote sensing, the LDC1612 and LDC1614 enable the performance and reliability benefits ofinductive sensing to be realized at minimal cost and power. The products are easy to use, onlyrequiring that the sensor frequency be within 1 kHz and 10 MHz to begin sensing. The wide 1 kHz to10 MHz sensor frequency range also enables use of very small PCB coils, further reducing sensingsolution cost and size.
The high resolution channels allow for a much larger sensing range,maintaining good performance beyond two coil diameters. Well-matched channels allow fordifferential and ratiometric measurements, which enable designers to use one channel to compensatetheir sensing for environmental and aging conditions such as temperature, humidity, and mechanicaldrift.
Given their ease of use, low power, and low system cost these productsenable designers to greatly improve performance, reliability, and flexibility over existing sensingsolutions and to introduce brand new sensing capabilities to products in all markets, especiallyconsumer and industrial applications.
These devices are easily configured via an I2C interface. Thetwo-channel LDC1612 is available in a WSON-12 package and the four-channel LDC1614 is available ina WQFN-16 package.