|Package | PIN:||RSL | 48|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 24 High-Precision Current Sinks
- 60-mA Peak Current per Channel
- Current Matching ±5%
- Independent 9-Bit Duty Cycle PWM and8-Bit LED Current Control
- 7-V Tolerant
- ISET Resistor toSet Global Current
- Four Low Resistance High Side Series Switches
- 1.5-A Current-Rated PMOS
- I2C, SPI, and PWM Brightness Control Modes
- Extensive Protection Features
- Open and Shorted LED Fault Detection
- Thermal ShutdownProtection
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LED171596ARSLR
The LED171596A is a 96 channel matrix LED driver with independentchannel control, designed for driving locally dimmed displays. The device sports 4 low-resistancehigh side switches and 24 low side current sinks that can deliver up to 15 mA of continuous currentper channel. The driver has 9-bit duty cycle and 8-bit current control of each low-side LED currentsink.
Each current sink can be individually controlled through theI2C-compatible or SPI interface, but also has the capability to becontrolled with a single value through the global brightness control register. This globalbrightness control also passes through a brightness sloper function to create optically smoothbrightness transitions without the need for multiple register writes.