|Package | PIN:||KTW | 7|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Requires Few External Components
- Family of Standard Inductors and Transformers
- NPN Output Switches 3.0A, Can Stand Off 65V
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4V to 40V
- Adjustable Switching Frequency: 100 kHz to 200 kHz
- External Shutdown Capability
- Draws Less Than 60 μA When Shut Down
- Frequency Synchronization
- Current-mode Operation for Improved Transient Response, Line Regulation, and Current Limit
- Internal Soft-start Function Reduces In-rush Current During Start-up
- Output Transistor Protected by Current Limit, Under Voltage Lockout, and Thermal Shutdown
- System Output Voltage Tolerance of ±4% Max Over Line and Load Conditions
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM2586S-12/NOPB
The LM2586 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits specifically designed for flyback, step-up (boost), and forward converter applications. The device is available in 4 different output voltage versions: 3.3V, 5.0V, 12V, and adjustable.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are cost effective, and simple to use. Included in the datasheet are typical circuits of boost and flyback regulators. Also listed are selector guides for diodes and capacitors and a family of standard inductors and flyback transformers designed to work with these switching regulators.
The power switch is a 3.0A NPN device that can stand-off 65V. Protecting the power switch are current and thermal limiting circuits, and an undervoltage lockout circuit. This IC contains an adjustable frequency oscillator that can be programmed up to 200 kHz. The oscillator can also be synchronized with other devices, so that multiple devices can operate at the same switching frequency.
Other features include soft start mode to reduce in-rush current during start up, and current mode control for improved rejection of input voltage and output load transients and cycle-by-cycle current limiting. The device also has a shutdown pin, so that it can be turned off externally. An output voltage tolerance of ±4%, within specified input voltages and output load conditions, is ensured for the power supply system.