|Package | PIN:||P | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Efficiency up to 96%
- Available in 8-Pin SOIC and PDIP Packages
- Requires only 5 External Components
- 3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and Adjustable Output Versions
- Adjustable Version Output Voltage Range: 1.21 V
to 37 V
- ±1.5% Maximum Output Voltage Tolerance Over
Line and Load Conditions
- Specified 1-A Output Load Current
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 8 V to 40 V
- 260-kHz Fixed Frequency Internal Oscillator
- TTL Shutdown Capability, Low Power Standby
- Soft-Start and Frequency Synchronization
- Thermal Shutdown and Current Limit Protection
Texas Instruments LM2672N-ADJ/NOPB
The LM2672 series of regulators are monolithic integrated DC-DC converter built with a LMDMOS process. These regulators provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 1-A load current with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and an adjustable output version.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include patented internal frequency compensation, fixed frequency oscillator, external shutdown, soft-start, and frequency synchronization.
The LM2672 series operates at a switching frequency of 260 kHz, thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what is required with lower frequency switching regulators. Because of its very high efficiency (>90%), the copper traces on the printed-circuit board are the only heat sinking required.