|Package | PIN:||TO-263 (KTW) | 7|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Efficiency Up to 92%
- Simple and Easy to Design Using Off-the-Shelf External Components
- 120-mΩ DMOS Output Switch
- 3.3-V, 5-V, and 12-V Fixed Output and Adjustable (1.2 V to 37 V) Versions
- 50-µA Standby Current When Switched OFF
- ±2% Maximum Output Tolerance Over Full Line and Load Conditions
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 8 V to 40 V
- 260-kHz Fixed Frequency Internal Oscillator
- –40 to 125°C Operating Junction Temperature Range
- Create a Custom Design Using the LM2678 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
Texas Instruments LM2678S-ADJ/NOPB
The LM2678 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits which provide all of the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator capable of driving up to 5-A loads with excellent line and load regulation characteristics. High efficiency (>90%) is obtained through the use of a low ON-resistance DMOS power switch. The series consists of fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, and 12 V and an adjustable output version.
The SIMPLE SWITCHER® concept provides for a complete design using a minimum number of external components. A high fixed frequency oscillator (260 kHz) allows the use of physically smaller sized components. A family of standard inductors for use with the LM2678 are available from several manufacturers to greatly simplify the design process.
The LM2678 series also has built-in thermal shutdown, current limiting, and an ON/OFF control input that can power down the regulator to a low 50-µA quiescent current standby condition. The output voltage is ensured to a ±2% tolerance. The clock frequency is controlled to within a ±11% tolerance.