|Package | PIN:||DDC | 6|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- LM2840-Q1, LM2841-Q1, and LM2842-Q1 are Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Test Guidance With the Following:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C Ambient Operating Temperature
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
- Input Voltage Range of 4.5 V to 42 V
- Output Current Options of 100 mA, 300 mA, and 600 mA
- Feedback Pin Voltage of 0.765 V
- 550-kHz (X) or 1.25-MHz (Y) Switching Frequency
- Low Shutdown IQ: 16-µA Typical
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Internally Compensated
- Soft-Start Circuitry
- Small Overall Solution Size (SOT-6L Package)
- Create a Custom Design Using the LM2840 With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
Texas Instruments LM2840XQMK/NOPB
The LM284x and LM284x-Q1 devices are PWM DC‑DC buck (step-down) regulators. With an input range from 4.5 V to 42 V, they are suitable for a wide range of applications, such as power conditioning from unregulated sources. They feature a low RDSON (0.9-Ω typical) internal switch for maximum efficiency (85% typical). Operating frequency is fixed at 550 kHz (X option) and 1.25 MHz (Y option), allowing the use of small external components while still being able to have low output voltage ripple. Soft start can be implemented using the Shutdown (SHDN) pin with an external RC circuit allowing the user to tailor the soft-start time to a specific application.
The LM2840 and LM2840-Q1 are optimized for up to 100 mA, the LM2841 and LM2841-Q1 for up to 300 mA, and the LM2842 and LM2842-Q1 for up to 600‑mA load currents. They all have a 0.765-V nominal feedback voltage.
Additional features include: thermal shutdown, VIN undervoltage lockout, and gate drive undervoltage lockout. The LM284x and LM284x-Q1 are available in a low-profile SOT-6L package.