|Package | PIN:||NDE | 3|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Fully Specified for Operation Over −40°C
- Output Current in Excess of 500 mA
- Output Trimmed for 5% Tolerance Under all Operating
- Typical Dropout Voltage of 0.5 V at Full Rated Load
- Wide Output Capacitor ESR Range, up to 3 Ω
- Internal Short Circuit and Thermal Overload Protection
- Reverse Battery Protection
- 60-V Input Transient Protection
- Mirror Image Insertion Protection
Texas Instruments LM2937ET-15/NOPB
The LM2937 is a positive voltage regulator capable of supplying up to 500 mA of load current. The use of a PNP power transistor provides a low dropout voltage characteristic. With a load current of 500 mA the minimum input to output voltage differential required for the output to remain in regulation is typically 0.5 V (1-V ensured maximum over the full operating temperature range). Special circuitry has been incorporated to minimize the quiescent current to typically only 10 mA with a full 500-mA load current when the input to output voltage differential is greater than 3 V.
The LM2937 requires an output bypass capacitor for stability. As with most low dropout regulators, the ESR of this capacitor remains a critical design parameter, but the LM2937 includes special compensation circuitry that relaxes ESR requirements. The device is stable for all ESR below 3 Ω. This allows the use of low ESR chip capacitors.
Ideally suited for automotive applications, the LM2937 will protect itself and any load circuitry from reverse battery connections, two-battery jumps, and up to 60-V/−50-V load dump transients. Familiar regulator features such as short circuit and thermal shutdown protection are also built in.