|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Adjustable Output Down to 1.2 V
- 100-mA Output Current
- Capable of Handling up to 40V VIN
- Line Regulation Typically 0.01% /V
- Load Regulation Typically 0.1% /A
- No Output Capacitor Required (†)
- Current Limit Constant With Temperature
- Eliminates the Need to Stock Many Voltages
- Standard 3-Lead Transistor Package
- 80-dB Ripple Rejection
- Available in 3-Pin TO-92, 8-Pin SOIC, or 6-pin DSBGA Packages
- Output is Short-Circuit Protected
- See AN-1112 (SNVA009) for DSBGA Considerations
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM317LMX/NOPB
The LM317L-N is an adjustable positive voltage regulator capable of supplying 100 mA overa 1.2-V to 37-V output range. The LM317L-N is easy to use and requires only two external resistorsto set the output voltage. Both line and load regulation are better than standard fixed regulators.The LM317L-N is available packaged in a standard, easy-to-use
TO-92 transistor package.
The LM317L-N offers full overload protection. Included on the chip are current limit,thermal overload protection, and safe area protection. Normally, no capacitors are required unlessthe device is situated more than 6 inches from the input filter capacitors, in which case an inputbypass is required.
The LM317L-N uses floating topology and sees only theinput-to-output differential voltage, therefore supplies of several hundred volts can be regulated,provided the maximum input-to-output differential is not exceeded. The device makes a simpleadjustable switching regulator, a programmable output regulator, or by connecting a fixed resistorbetween the adjustment and output, the LM317L-N can be used as a precision currentregulator.
The LM317L-N is available in a standard 3-pin TO-92 transistor package, the 8-pin SOICpackage, and 6-pin DSBGA package. The LM317L-N is rated for operation over a −40°C to 125°Crange.