|Package | PIN:||YPA | 10|
|Temp:||S (-25 to 85)|
- 2 MHz (typ.) PWM Switching Frequency
- Operates from a Single Li-Ion Cell (2.7V to 5.5V)
- Variable Output Voltage (0.8V to 3.6V)
- 300 mA Maximum Load Capability (PWM Mode)
- 500 mA Maximum Load Capability (Bypass Mode)
- PWM, Forced and Automatic Bypass Mode
- High Efficiency (96% Typ at 3.6VIN, 3.2VOUT at 120 mA) from Internal Synchronous Rectification
- 10-pin DSBGA Package
- Current Overload Protection
- Thermal Overload Protection
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM3200TL/NOPB
The LM3200 is a DC-DC converter optimized for powering RF power amplifiers (PAs) from a single Lithium-Ion cell. It steps down an input voltage of 2.7V to 5.5V to a variable output voltage of 0.8V to 3.6V. The output voltage is set using an analog input ( VCON) for optimizing efficiency of the RF PA at various power levels.
The LM3200 offers superior features and performance for mobile phones and similar RF PA applications. Fixed-frequency PWM mode minimizes RF interference. Bypass mode turns on an internal bypass switch to power the PA directly from the battery. LM3200 has both forced and automatic bypass modes. Shutdown mode turns the device off and reduces battery consumption to 0.1 µA (typ.). The LM3200 is available in a 10-pin lead free DSBGA package. A high switching frequency (2 MHz) allows use of tiny surface-mount components. Only three small external surface-mount components, an inductor and two ceramic capacitors are required.