|Package | PIN:||YZR | 8|
|Temp:||S (-30 to 85)|
- 2 MHz (typ.) PWM Switching Frequency
- Operates from a Single Li-Ion Cell (2.7V to 5.5V)
- Adjustable Output Voltage (0.8V to 3.6V)
- Fast Output Voltage Transient (0.8V to 3.4V in 25µs typ.)
- 650mA Maximum Load Capability
- High Efficiency (95% typ. at 3.9VIN, 3.4VOUT at 400mA)
- 8-pin DSBGA Package
- Current Overload Protection
- Thermal Overload Protection
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM3208TL/NOPB
The LM3208 is a DC-DC converter optimized for powering RF power amplifiers (PAs) from a single Lithium-Ion cell. However, it may be used in many other applications. It steps down an input voltage in the range from 2.7V to 5.5V to an adjustable output voltage of 0.8V to 3.6V. Output voltage is set by using a VCON analog input to control power levels and efficiency of the RF PA.
The LM3208 offers superior performance for mobile phones and similar RF PA applications. Fixed-frequency PWM operation minimizes RF interference. A shutdown function turns the device off and reduces battery consumption to 0.01 µA (typ.).
The LM3208 is available in an 8-pin lead-free DSBGA package. A high switching frequency (2 MHz typ.) allows use of tiny surface-mount components. Only three small external surface-mount components, an inductor and two ceramic capacitors, are required.