|Package | PIN:||YZR | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 6-MHz (typ.) PWM Switching Frequency
- Operates from a Single Li-Ion Cell (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- Adjustable Output Voltage (0.6 V to 3.4 V)
- 750-mA Maximum Load Capability
- High Efficiency (95% typ. at 3.9 VIN, 3.3 VOUT at 500 mA)
- Automatic Eco-mode™ and PWM Mode Change
- 6-Bump DSBGA Package
- Current Overload Protection
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Soft Start Function
- CIN and COUT are 0402 (1005) Case Size and 6.3 V of Rated-Voltage Ceramic Capacitor
- Small Chip Inductor in 0805 (2012) Case Size
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM3241TLE/NOPB
The LM3241 is a DC-DC converter optimized for powering RF power amplifiers (PAs) from asingle Lithium-Ion cell. The device can also be used in many other applications. The device stepsdown an input voltage from 2.7 V to 5.5 V to an adjustable output voltage from 0.6 V to 3.4 V. Theoutput voltage is set using a VCON analog input for controlling power levels and efficiency of theRF PA.
The LM3241 offers three modes of operation. In PWM mode the device operates at a fixedfrequency of 6 MHz (typical) which minimizes RF interference when driving medium-to-heavy loads. Atlight-load conditions, the device enters into Eco-mode automatically and operates with reducedswitching frequency. In Eco-mode, the quiescent current is reduced and extends the battery life.Shutdown mode turns the device off and reduces battery consumption to 0.1 µA (typical).
The LM3241 is available in a 6-bump lead-free DSBGA package. A high-switching frequency(6 MHz) allows use of tiny surface-mount components. Only three small external surface-mountcomponents, an inductor and two ceramic capacitors are required.