|Package | PIN:||NHR | 16|
|Temp:||S (-30 to 85)|
- I2C-compatible interface
- VOUT1 = 1V to 2V in 50 mV Steps
- VOUT2 = 1.8V to 3.3V in 100 mV Steps
- Automatic PFM/PWM Mode Switching and Forced PWM Mode for Low Noise Operation
- Spread Spectrum Capability Using I2C
- 600mA Load Per Channel
- 2MHz PWM Fixed Switching Frequency (Typ.)
- The Bucks Operate 180° Out-of-Phase Timing Offset for Noise and Input Surge Current Abatement
- Internal Synchronous Rectification for High Efficiency
- Internal Soft Start
- Power-on-Reset Function for Both Outputs
- 2.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V
- Operates from a Single Li-Ion Cell or 3 Cell NiMH/NiCd Batteries and 3.3V/5.5V Fixed Rails
- 2.2µH Inductor, 4.7µF Input and 10µF Output Capacitor Per Channel
- 16-lead WSON Package (4 mm x 5 mm x 0.8 mm)
- 20-Bump DSBGA Package (3.0 mm x 2.0 mm x 0.6 mm)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM3370SD-3021/NOPB
The LM3370 is a dual step-down DC-DC converter optimized for powering ultra-low voltage circuits from a single Li-Ion battery and input rail ranging from 2.7V to 5.5V. It provides two outputs with 600mA load per channel. The output voltage range varies from 1V to 3.3V and can be dynamically controlled using the I2C-compatible interface. This dynamic voltage scaling function allows processors to achieve maximum performance at the lowest power level. The I2C-compatible interface can also be used to control auto PFM-PWM/PWM mode selection and other performance enhancing features.
The LM3370 offers superior features and performance for portable systems with complex power management requirements. Automatic intelligent switching between PWM low-noise and PFM low-current mode offers improved system efficiency. Internal synchronous rectification enhances the converter efficiency without the use of further external devices.
There is a power-on-reset function that monitors the level of the output voltage to avoid unexpected power losses. The independent enable pin for each output allows for simple and effective power sequencing.
LM3370 is available in a 4mm by 5mm 16-lead non-pullback WSON and a 20-bump DSBGA, 3.0mm x 2.0mm x 0.6mm, package. A high switching frequency—2 MHz (typ)—allows use of tiny surface-mount components including a 2.2µH inductor.
Default fixed voltages for the 2 output voltages combination can be customized to fit system requirements by contacting Texas Instruments.