- Integrated 0.5-A N-channel MOSFET
- VIN Range from 6 V to 42 V (LM3402)
- VIN Range from 6 V to 75 V (LM3402HV)
- 500 mA Output Current Over Temperature
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- No Control Loop Compensation Required
- Separate PWM Dimming and Low Power Shutdown
- Supports All Ceramic-Output Capacitors and Capacitor-Less Outputs
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- VSSOP, SO PowerPAD Packages
The LM3402/HV are monolithic switching regulators designed to deliver constant currents to high power LEDs. Ideal for automotive, industrial, and general lighting applications, they contain a high-side N-channel MOSFET switch with a current limit of 735 mA (typical) for step-down (Buck) regulators. Hysteretic control with controlled ON-time coupled with an external resistor allow the converter output voltage to adjust as needed to deliver a constant current to series and series - parallel connected arrays of LEDs of varying number and type, LED dimming by pulse width modulation (PWM), broken/open LED protection, low-power shutdown and thermal shutdown complete the feature set.
For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.