|Package | PIN:||NFF | 14|
- LM3409-Q1 and LM3409HV-Q1 are Automotive Grade Products: AEC-Q100 Grade 1 Qualified
- 2-Ω, 1-A Peak MOSFET Gate Drive
- VIN Range: 6 V to 42 V (LM3409, LM3409-Q1)
- VIN Range: 6 V to 75 V (LM3409HV, LM3409HV-Q1)
- Differential, High-Side Current Sense
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- No Control Loop Compensation Required
- 10,000:1 PWM Dimming Range
- 250:1 Analog Dimming Range
- Supports All-Ceramic Output Capacitors and Capacitor-less Outputs
- Low-Power Shutdown and Thermal Shutdown
- Thermally Enhanced 10-Pin, HVSSOP Package
Texas Instruments LM3409N/NOPB
The LM3409, LM3409-Q1, LM3409HV, and LM3409HV-Q1 are P-channel MOSFET (PFET) controllersfor step-down (buck) current regulators. They offer wide input voltage range, high-sidedifferential current sense with low adjustable threshold voltage and fast output enable/disablefunction and a thermally enhanced 10-pin, HVSSOP package. These features combine to make the LM3409 family of devices ideal for use as constant current sources for driving LEDs where forward currentsup to 5 A are easily achievable.
The LM3409 devices use constant off-time (COFT) control to regulate an accurate constantcurrent without the need for external control loop compensation. Analog and PWM dimming are easy toimplement and result in a highly linear dimming range with excellent achievable contrast ratios. Programmable UVLO, low-power shutdown, and thermal shutdown complete the feature set.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.