|Package | PIN:||DGK | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- 8-lead VSSOP-8 and SOIC-8 packages
- Internal Push-Pull Driver With 1-A Peak Current Capability
- Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown
- Frequency Compensation Optimized With a Capacitor and a Resistor
- Internal Soft Start
- Current Mode Operation
- Undervoltage Lockout With Hysteresis
- Create a Custom Design Using the LM3478 with the WEBENCH Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM3478MMX/NOPB
The LM3478 is a versatile Low-Side N-Channel MOSFET controller for switching regulators.It is suitable for use in topologies requiring a low side MOSFET, such as boost, flyback, SEPIC,etc. Moreover, the LM3478 can be operated at extremely high switching frequency in order to reducethe overall solution size. The switching frequency of the LM3478 can be adjusted to any valuebetween 100 kHz and 1 MHz by using a single external resistor. Current mode control providessuperior bandwidth and transient response, besides cycle-by-cycle current limiting. Output currentcan be programmed with a single external resistor.
The LM3478 has built-in features such as thermal shutdown, short-circuit protection, overvoltage protection, etc. Power saving shutdown mode reduces the total supply current to 5 µA andallows power supply sequencing. Internal soft-start limits the inrush current at start-up.