|Package | PIN:||DDC | 6|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Drives 2 to 4 LEDs at 20mA
- Up to 30kHz PWM Dimming Control Capability
- >80% Peak Efficiency
- Up to 8MHz Switching Frequency
- Small External Components: 1µH - 3.3µH(typ.2.2μH) Inductor and 1µF Output Capacitor
- True Shutdown Isolation
- Over-Voltage Protection
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- Small Footprint SOT-23 Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM3519MK-20/NOPB
The LM3519 drives up to 4 white LEDs with constant current to provide LCD backlighting in handheld devices. The LED current is internally set to 20mA. The series connection allows the LED current to be identical for uniform brightness and minimizes the number of traces to the LEDs. Brightness control is achieved by applying a PWM signal on enable with frequencies up to 30kHz.
The LM3519 features a proprietary PFM regulation architecture with switching frequencies between 2MHz to 8MHz, minimizing inductor size.
Over-voltage protection circuitry and high frequency operation permit the use of low-cost small output capacitors. During shutdown, the output is disconnected from the input in order to avoid leakage current path through the LEDs to ground.
The LM3519 is available in a tiny 6-pin SOT-23 package.