|Package | PIN:||D | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Compatible with USB1.1 and USB 2.0
- 1 ms Fault Flag Delay During Hot-Plug Events
- Smooth Turn-On Eliminates Inrush Induced Voltage Drop
- UL Recognized Component: REF # 205202
- 1A Nominal Short Circuit Output Current Protects Notebook PC Power Supplies
- Thermal Shutdown Protects Device in Direct Short Condition
- 500mA Minimum Continuous Load Current
- Small SOIC-8 Package Minimizes Board Space
- 2.7V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- Switch Resistance ≤ 120 mΩ Max. at VIN = 5V
- 1µA Max Standby Current
- 100 µA Max Operating Current
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM3525M-L/NOPB
The LM3525 provides Universal Serial Bus standard power switch and over-current protection for all host port applications. The single port device is ideal for Notebook PC and Handheld PC applications that supply power to one port.
A 1 ms delay on fault flag output prevents erroneous overcurrent reporting caused by inrush currents during the hot-plug events.
The LM3525 accepts an input voltage between 2.7V and 5.5V allowing use as a device-based inrush current limiter for 3.3V USB peripherals, as well as Root and Self-Powered Hubs at 5.5V. The Enable input accepts both 3.3V and 5.0V logic thresholds.
The small size, low RON, and 1 ms fault flag delay make the LM3525 a good choice for root hubs as well as ganged power control in space-critical self-powered hubs.