|Package | PIN:||YFQ | 20|
|Temp:||S (-30 to 85)|
- Drives Up to 8 LEDs Each With Up to 25 mA of Diode Current
- External PWM Input for Dynamic Backlight Control
- Multi-Zone Ambient Light Sensing (ALS)
- ALS Interrupt Reporting
- Independent On/Off Control for All Current Sinks
- 128 Exponential Dimming Steps With 600:1 Dimming Ratio for Group A (Up to 6 LEDs)
- 8 Linear Dimming States for Groups B (Up to 3 LEDs) and D1C (1 LED)
- Programmable Auto-Dimming Function
- Up to 90% Efficiency
- 0.55% Accurate Current Matching
- Wide Input Voltage Range (2.7 V to 5.5 V)
- Active High Hardware Enable
- Total Solution Size < 16 mm2
- Low Profile 20-Pin DSBGA Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM3535TME/NOPB
The LM3535 device is a highly integrated LED driver capable of driving 8 LEDs in parallelfor large display applications. Independent LED control allows selection of a subset of the 6 maindisplay LEDs for partial-illumination applications. In addition to the main bank of 6, the LM3535is capable of driving an additional 2 independently controlled LEDs to support Indicatorapplications.
The LED driver current sinks are split into three independently controlled groups. Theprimary group can be configured to drive up to six LEDs for use in the main phone display. Groups Band C are provided for driving secondary displays, keypads and indicator LEDs. All of the LEDcurrent sources can be independently turned on and off providing flexibility to address differentapplication requirements.
The LM3535 provides multi-zone ambient light sensing allowing autonomous backlight intensity control in the event ofchanging ambient light conditions. A PWM input is also provided to give the user the means toadjust the backlight intensity dynamically based upon the content of the display.
The LM3535 provides excellent efficiency without the use of an inductor by operating thecharge pump in a gain of 3/2 or in pass mode. The proper gain for maintaining current regulation ischosen, based on LED forward voltage, so that efficiency is maximized over the input voltagerange.
The LM3535 is available in a tiny 20-pin, 0.4-mm pitch, thin DSBGA package.