|Package | PIN:||D | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Compatible with USB1.1 and USB 2.0
- 90m (typ.) High-Side MOSFET Switch
- 500mA Continuous Current per Port
- 7 ms Fault Flag Delay Filters Hot-Plug Events
- Industry Standard Pin Order
- Short Circuit Protection with Power-Saving Current Foldback
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Undervoltage Lockout
- Recognized by UL and Nemko CB
- Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- 5µA Maximum Standby Supply Current
- 16-Pin SOIC Package
- Ambient Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C
Texas Instruments LM3544M-L/NOPB
The LM3544 is a quad high-side power switch that is an excellent choice for use in Root, Self-Powered and Bus-Powered USB (Universal Serial Bus) Hubs. Independent port enables, flag signals to alert USB controllers of error conditions, controlled start-up in hot-plug events, and short circuit protection all satisfy USB requirements.
The LM3544 accepts input voltages between 2.7V and 5.5V. The Enable logic inputs, available in active-high and active-low versions, can be powered off any voltage in the 2.7V to 5.5V range. The LM3544 limits the continuous current through a single port to 1.25A (max.) when it is shorted to ground.
The low on-state resistance of the LM3544 switches ensures the LM3544 will satisfy USB voltage drop requirements, even when current through a switch reaches 500 mA. Thus, High-Powered USB Functions, Low-Powered USB functions, and Bus-Powered USB Hubs can all be powered off a Root or Self-Powered USB Hub containing the LM3544.
Added features of the LM3544 include current foldback to reduce power consumption in current overload conditions, thermal shutdown to prevent device failure caused by high-current overheating, and undervoltage lockout to keep switches from operating if the input voltage is below acceptable levels.