|Package | PIN:||LP | 3|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 110)|
- Calibrated Directly in Celsius (Centigrade)
- Linear + 10-mV/°C Scale Factor
- 0.5°C Ensured Accuracy (at 25°C)
- Rated for Full −55°C to 150°C Range
- Suitable for Remote Applications
- Low-Cost Due to Wafer-Level Trimming
- Operates From 4 V to 30 V
- Less Than 60-µA Current Drain
- Low Self-Heating, 0.08°C in Still Air
- Non-Linearity Only ±¼°C Typical
- Low-Impedance Output, 0.1 Ω for 1-mA Load
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM35CAZ/NOPB
The LM35 series are precision integrated-circuit temperature devices with an outputvoltage linearly-proportional to the Centigrade temperature. The LM35 device has an advantage overlinear temperature sensors calibrated in Kelvin, as the user is not required to subtract a largeconstant voltage from the output to obtain convenient Centigrade scaling. The LM35 device does notrequire any external calibration or trimming to provide typical accuracies of ±¼°C at roomtemperature and ±¾°C over a full −55°C to 150°C temperature range. Lower cost is assured bytrimming and calibration at the wafer level. The low-output impedance, linear output, and preciseinherent calibration of the LM35 device makes interfacing to readout or control circuitryespecially easy. The device is used with single power supplies, or with plus and minus supplies. Asthe LM35 device draws only 60 µA from the supply, it has very low self-heating of less than 0.1°Cin still air. The LM35 device is rated to operate over a −55°C to 150°C temperature range, whilethe LM35C device is rated for a −40°C to 110°C range (−10° with improved accuracy). The LM35-seriesdevices are available packaged in hermetic TO transistor packages, while the LM35C, LM35CA, andLM35D devices are available in the plastic TO-92 transistor package. The LM35D device is availablein an 8-lead surface-mount small-outline package and a plastic TO-220 package.