|Package | PIN:||YFF | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Drives up to Two Parallel White LED Strings
(29-V Maximum VOUT)
- 11-Bit Exponential and Linear Dimming Control
- PWM and I2C Brightness Control
- Backlight Operation With 4.7-µH to 15-µH Inductor
- Backlight and LCD Bias Efficiency up to 92%
- Programmable LCD Bias Voltages (±4 V to ±6.5 V With 50-mV resolution) With Up to 80-mA per Output
- 0.2% Matched LED Current From 60 µA to 30 mA
- 1% Accurate LED Current From 60 µA to 30 mA
- 2.7-V to 5-V Input Voltage Range
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM36272YFFR
The LM36272 is anintegrated two-channel WLEDdriver and LCD bias supply. The ultra-compact size, high efficiency, high level of integration, andprogrammability allow the LM36272 to address avariety of applications without the need for hardware changes while minimizing the overall solutionarea.
The backlight boost provides the power to bias two parallel LED strings with up to 29-V total output voltage.The 11-bit LED current is programmable via the I2C bus and/or controlledvia a logic level PWM input from 60 µA to 30 mA. Each LED string can be independently enabled ordisabled to provide zone dimming capabilities. The backlight boost can be operated efficiently withan inductance range from 4.7 µH to 15 µH, allowing for efficiency and solution sizeoptimization.
The LCD bias boost provides the power to both a positive LDO and an inverting chargepump. Both positive and negative bias supplies have programmable output voltages of ±4 V to ±6.5 Vwith 50-mV steps and up to ±80 mA of current capability. An auto-sequencing feature provides aprogrammed delay from positive to negative bias activation, with additional programmable voltageslew rate control. Two wake-up modes allow both bias outputs to be controlled with a singleexternal signal and stay active while consuming very low quiescent current.