|Package | PIN:||YFF | 12|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 1.5-A LED Current Source Programmability
- Accurate and Programmable LED Current Range from 1.954 mA to 1.5 A
- Torch Currents up to 500 mA (LM3648TT)
- Flash Timeout Values up to 1.6 Seconds (LM3648TT)
- Optimized Flash LED Current During Low Battery Conditions (IVFM)
- > 85% Efficiency in Torch Mode (at 100 mA) and Flash Mode (at 1 A to 1.5 A)
- Grounded Cathode LED Operation for Improved Thermal Management
- Small Solution Size: < 16 mm2
- Hardware Strobe Enable (STROBE)
- Synchronization Input for RF Power Amplifier Pulse Events (TX)
- Hardware Torch Enable (TORCH/TEMP)
- Remote NTC Monitoring (TORCH/TEMP)
- 400-kHz I2C-Compatible Interface
- LM3648 (I2C Address = 0x63)
Texas Instruments LM3648YFFR
The LM3648 is an LED flash driver that provides a high level of adjustability within a small solution size. The LM3648 utilizes a 2-MHz or 4-MHz fixed-frequency synchronous boost converter to provide power to the 1.5-A constant current LED source. An adaptive regulation method ensures the current source remains in regulation and maximizes efficiency.
Features of the LM3648 are controlled via an I2C-compatible interface. These features include: hardware flash and hardware torch pins (STROBE and TORCH/TEMP), a TX interrupt, and an NTC thermistor monitor. The device offers 64 programmable currents in Flash and 128 levels in Movie Mode (Torch) condition.
The 2-MHz or 4-MHz switching frequency options, overvoltage protection (OVP), and adjustable current limit allow for the use of tiny, low-profile inductors and (10-µF) ceramic capacitors. The device operates over a –40°C to +85°C ambient temperature range.For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.