|Package | PIN:||YFQ | 12|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Drives Parallel High-Voltage LED Strings
for Display or Keypad Lighting
- Boost Converter up to 90% Efficiency
- Four User-Selectable Full-Scale Current Settings
(20.2 mA, 18.6 mA, 17.0 mA, 15.4 mA)
- Quick-Dimming Enable Terminal (ILOW)
- Simple PWM Duty Cycle Control
- 24-V Overvoltage Protection Threshold
- Fixed 1-MHz Switching Frequency
- Integrated 1-A/40-V MOSFET
- Three Current Sink Terminals
- Adaptive Boost Output to LED Voltages
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- 29-mm2 Total Solution Size
Texas Instruments LM3699YFQR
The LM3699 is a three-string, high-efficiency, PWM-controlled power source for display backlight or keypad LEDs in smartphone handsets. The high-voltage inductive boost converter with integrated 1-A, 40-V MOSFET provides the power for three series LED strings. The boost output automatically adjusts to LED forward voltage to minimize headroom voltage and effectively improve LED efficiency.
The ILOW terminal provides a method to quickly reduce LED brightness during camera flash operation.
The LM3699 has integrated overvoltage, overcurrent, and thermal protection.
The device operates over a 2.7-V to 5.5-V input voltage range and a −40°C to 85°C temperature range.