|Package | PIN:||NGQ | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- No Output Filter Required for Inductive Loads
- Externally Configurable Gain
- Very Fast Turn on Time: 1.35ms (Typ)
- Minimum External Components
- Click and Pop Suppression Circuitry
- Micro-Power Shutdown Mode
- Short Circuit Protection
- Available in Space-Saving DSBGA and WSON Packages
- Efficiency at 3.6V, 100mW into 8Ω Speaker, 77% (Typ)
- Efficiency at 3.6V, 600mW into 8Ω Speaker, 88% (Typ)
- Efficiency at 5V, 1W into 8Ω Speaker, 87% (Typ)
- Quiescent Current, 3.6V Supply, 4.8mA (Typ)
- Total Shutdown Power Supply Current, 0.01µA (Typ)
- Single Supply Range, 2.4 to 5.5V
Boomer is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM4670SD/NOPB
The LM4670 is a fully integrated single-supply high efficiency switching audio amplifier. It features an innovative modulator that eliminates the LC output filter used with typical switching amplifiers. Eliminating the output filter reduces external component count, simplifies circuit design, and reduces board area. The LM4670 processes analog inputs with a delta-sigma modulation technique that lowers output noise and THD when compared to conventional pulse width modulators.
The LM4670 is designed to meet the demands of mobile phones and other portable communication devices. Operating on a single 5V supply, it is capable of driving a 4Ω speaker load at a continuous average output of 2.3W with less than 1% THD+N. Its flexible power supply requirements allow operation from 2.4V to 5.5V.
The LM4670 has high efficiency with speaker loads compared to a typical Class AB amplifier. With a 3.6V supply driving an 8Ω speaker, the IC's efficiency for a 100mW power level is 77%, reaching 88% at 600mW output power.
The LM4670 features a low-power consumption shutdown mode. Shutdown may be enabled by driving the Shutdown pin to a logic low (GND).
The gain of the LM4670 is externally configurable which allows independent gain control from multiple sources by summing the signals.