|Package | PIN:||NJB | 28|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- PC98 and PC99 Compliant
- DC Volume Control Interface
- Input Mux
- System Beep Detect
- Stereo Switchable Bridged/Single-Ended Power Amplifiers
- Selectable Internal/External Gain and Bass Boost Configurable
- “Click and Pop” Suppression Circuitry
- Thermal Shutdown Protection Circuitry
- PO at 1% THD+N
- Into 3Ω (LM4836LQ, LM4836MTE) 2.2 W (typ)
- Into 4Ω (LM4836LQ, LM4836MTE) 2.0 W (typ)
- Into 8Ω (LM4836) 1.1 W (typ)
- Single-Ended Mode - THD+N at 85 mW Into 32Ω 1.0% (typ)
- Shutdown Current 0.2µA (typ)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM4836LQ/NOPB
The LM4836 is a monolithic integrated circuit that provides DC volume control, and stereo bridged audio power amplifiers capable of producing 2W into 4Ω with less than 1.0% THD+N, or 2.2W into 3Ω with less than 1.0% THD+N (see Notes below).
Boomer audio integrated circuits were designed specifically to provide high quality audio while requiring a minimum amount of external components. The LM4836 incorporates a DC volume control, stereo bridged audio power amplifiers, selectable gain or bass boost, and an input mux making it optimally suited for multimedia monitors, portable radios, desktop, and portable computer applications.
The LM4836 features an externally controlled, low-power consumption shutdown mode, and both a power amplifier and headphone mute for maximum system flexibility and performance.
Note: When properly mounted to the circuit board, the LM4836LQ and LM4836MTE will deliver 2W into 4Ω. The LM4836MT will deliver 1.1W into 8Ω. See the section for LM4836LQ and LM4836MTE usage information.
Note: An LM4836LQ and LM4836MTE that have been properly mounted to the circuit board and forced-air cooled will deliver 2.2W into 3Ω.