|Package | PIN:||RTW | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Selectable Spread Spectrum Mode Reduces EMI
- Output Short Circuit Protection
- Stereo Class D Operation
- No Output Filter Required
- 3D Enhancement
- Logic Selectable Gain
- Independent Channel Shutdown Controls
- Minimum External Components
- Click and Pop Suppression
- Micro-Power Shutdown
- Available in Space-Saving 4mm x 4mm WQFN Package
- Quiescent Power Supply Current at 3.6V supply 4mA
- Power Output at VDD = 5V, RL = 4Ω, THD ≤ 10% 2.3W (typ)
- Power Output at VDD = 5V, RL = 8Ω, THD ≤ 10% 1.5W (typ)
- Shutdown current 0.03μA (typ)
- Efficiency at 3.6V, 100mW into 8Ω 80% (typ)
- Efficiency at 3.6V, 500mW into 8Ω 85% (typ)
- Efficiency at 5V, 1W into 8Ω 86% (typ)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM48410SQX/NOPB
The LM48410 is a single supply, high efficiency, 2.3W/channel, filterless switching audio amplifier. A low noise PWM architecture eliminates the output filter, reducing external component count, board area consumption, system cost, and simplifying design. A selectable spread spectrum modulation scheme suppresses RF emissions, further reducing the need for output filters.
The LM48410 is designed to meet the demands of mobile phones and other portable communication devices. Operating from a single 5V supply, the device is capable of delivering 2.3W/channel of continuous output power to a 4Ω load with less than 10% THD+N. Flexible power supply requirements allow operation from 2.4V to 5.5V. The LM48410 offers two logic selectable modulation schemes, fixed frequency mode, and an EMI reducing spread spectrum mode.
The LM48410 features high efficiency compared with conventional Class AB amplifiers. When driving an 8Ω speaker from a 3.6V supply, the device operates with 85% efficiency at PO = 500mW/Ch. Four gain options are pin selectable through the G0 and G1 pins. The LM48410 also includes 3D audio enhancement that improves stereo sound quality. In devices where the left and right speakers are in close proximity, 3D enhancement affects channel specialization, widening the perceived soundstage.
Output short circuit protection prevents the device from being damaged during fault conditions. Superior click and pop suppression eliminates audible transients on power-up/down and during shutdown. Independent left/right shutdown controls maximizes power savings in mixed mono/stereo applications.