|Package | PIN:||NHW | 24|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Stereo Headphone Amplifier Mode
- “Click and Pop” Suppression Circuitry
- Unity-Gain Stable
- Thermal Shutdown Protection Circuitry
- SOIC, TSSOP, exposed-DAP TSSOP, and WQFN packages
- PO at 1% THD+N
- LM4863LQ, 3Ω, 4Ω loads: 2.5W(typ), 2.2W(typ)
- LM4863MTE, 3Ω, 4Ω loads: 2.5W(typ), 2.2W(typ)
- LM4863MTE, 8Ω load: 1.1W(typ)
- LM4863, 8Ω: 1.1W(typ)
- Single-ended mode THD+N at 75mW into 32Ω: 0.5%(max)
- Shutdown current: 0.7μA(typ)
- Supply voltage range: 2.0V to 5.5V
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM4863LQ/NOPB
The LM4863 is a dual bridge-connected audio power amplifier which, when connected to a 5V supply, will deliver 2.2W to a 4Ω load or 2.5W to a 3Ω load with less than 1.0% THD+N (see below). In addition, the headphone input pin allows the amplifiers to operate in single-ended mode when driving stereo headphones.
Boomer audio power amplifiers were designed specifically to provide high quality output power from a surface mount package while requiring few external components. To simplify audio system design, the LM4863 combines dual bridge speaker amplifiers and stereo headphone amplifiers on one chip.
The LM4863 features an externally controlled, low-power consumption shutdown mode, a stereo headphone amplifier mode, and thermal shutdown protection. It also utilizes circuitry to reduce “clicks and pops” during device turn-on.