|Package | PIN:||DGS | 10|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Fully Differential Amplification
- Available in Space-Saving Packages DSBGA, VSSOP, and WSON
- Ultra Low Current Shutdown Mode
- Can Drive Capacitive Loads up to 500pF
- Improved Pop and Click Circuitry Eliminates Noises During Turn-On and Turn-Off Transitions
- 2.4 - 5.5V Operation
- No Output Coupling Capacitors, Snubber Networks or Bootstrap Capacitors Required
- Shutdown High or Low Selectivity
- Improved PSRR at 217Hz: 83 dB(typ)
- Power Output at 5.0V, 1% THD: 1.0 W(typ)
- Power Output at 3.3V, 1% THD: 400 mW(typ)
- Shutdown Current: 0.1µA(typ)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM4898MM/NOPB
The LM4898 is a fully differential audio power amplifier primarily designed for demanding applications in mobile phones and other portable communication device applications. It is capable of delivering 1 watt of continuous average power to an 8Ω BTL load with less than 1% distortion (THD+N) from a 5VDC power supply.
Boomer audio power amplifiers were designed specifically to provide high quality output power with a minimal amount of external components. The LM4898 does not require output coupling capacitors or bootstrap capacitors, and therefore is ideally suited for mobile phone and other low voltage applications where minimal power consumption is a primary requirement.
The LM4898 features a low-power consumption shutdown mode. To facilitate this, Shutdown may be enabled by either logic high or low depending on mode selection. Driving the shutdown mode pin either high or low enables the shutdown select pin to be driven in a likewise manner to enable Shutdown. Additionally, the LM4898 features an internal thermal shutdown protection mechanism.
The LM4898 contains advanced pop and click circuitry which virtually eliminates noises which would otherwise occur during turn-on and turn-off transitions.